Sunday, January 13, 2008

Busy busy but bored.



I got a letter from Social Security telling me i will recieve my card in 2 weeks! Yay! Well, i still have only a temp work visa, but i can get started. I left my resume at a travel agency and they seemed keen on hiring me, but im not getting my hopes up. They should call me after Tuesday. Other than that ive been calling around, but no one seems to need any new employees right now. Its winter and the island is pretty quiet.

We also have been to look at the lofts downtown, as a possible place to live once its time to move out of this apartment. They are gorgeous! Expensive but we'd save on some things. They have a gym, free laundry, free parking and free entrance to any of the galveston happenings. There is a trolly that takes you right to the beach. So perfect for visitors, we'd be right in the centre. The lofts are big and old. But we have a few more months to decide.

But the days are boring while Thomas is at work. We have been having dinners with friends and thats exciting, playing house together! :) Mardi Gras is here soon so that will be fun!
Well thats it for now. Miss y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Hoi Marieke,
    Ik woon niet al te ver bij jou vandaan (ik woon in Zuid-Houston, vlakbij Leaguecity/Friendswood). En ik zie dat je uit de toermisme-industrie komt en ook op zoek naar werk, net als ik. Als je het leuk vindt stuur me maar een berichtje!
    Groetjes, Mandy

    ReplyDelete