Thursday, February 7, 2008

I GOT A JOB!!! And more good news!



Yes, yes i do! The coffee place didnt happen so i had to drop off my resume again at all kinds of places. Today we walked in to the sunflower bakery and immediately got a sit-down with the manager and he hired me as a cashier! I start monday. My shifts are 6.30am till 2.30pm and it looks like mon-fri! People will come to pay for their lunch with me. And then i have some side jobs. I ate there before and its lovely, they also have a patio. Im really excited!

Also...... A few days ago we got a call that a loft will become available around the time we want to move. So we had a look and loved it. Two bedrooms (both come out to the one bathroom), hardwood floors, high ceilings, kitchen with bar and right downtown! We can move in 10th April! We werent going to take it since i didnt have a job but now we can!

Yay! Things are falling in to place and its a good feeling! Tomorrow we will send off my green card application and work permit and then we can 'relax'! Next weekend we have our wedding shower and we look forward to that! It will be great to see Thomas' family and recieve some handy kitchen appliances! :)

As always: I miss you and will keep you updated!
X

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, sweetie, and good luck with the green card application! Your nephews are adorable... I wonder why they're wearing costumes - it's not like our Brazilian Carnival, I suppose :-)
    Please say hi to Thomas...Missing you a lot,
    Denise & Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will bring a big ray of sunshine into the Sunflower Cafe. Congrats! I wish we were coming down after your move. The loft sounds really groovy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And also... what types of wedding shower paraphenalia are you and Thomas needing??? Are you registered anywhere?? E-mail us and let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alleen maar goed nieuws, cool!
    Liefs
    Marc&Karen&Kairi

    ReplyDelete