Friday, November 9, 2007

Medical Exam



On Monday the 5th i had my medical exam:

I stayed at my brothers house in Amsterdam the night before. The next day I took the tram to Museumsquare. It was easy to find the drs office and so i got there 15 mins early. The assistent was really helpful and nice eventhough the phone was ringing non-stop. She prepared my papers (put stamps and dates) and wend through one of the forms.
She then checked my vaccination book and i didnt need any more. MMR i had when i was 9 and DTP boost i did at my own dr. Then she told me to go ahead and go do the xray at the clinic. Im guessing because they were running late and i could come back later and be seen to straight away.
Sooooo i walked to the clinic. The xray took all of 5 mins and then I paid the 50 euros and left. They sent the xray once checked to the embassy.
Soooooo i walked aaaaall the way back to the dr. I was indeed seen to straight away. First by his son (also dr), he took blood. Then on to the office to do the examination. He asked some more questions about my medical history. Then he measured me, weighed me (i need to lose some pounds...) checked my blood pressure, eyes and mouth and then made me breath and listened to my heart and did some knocking on my chest and back. That was it. He explained me that if i wouldnt hear anything this week, all would be fine. All documents are being sent to the embassy. Oh yeah... and i paid 155 euros.

All in all it was pleasant and fast. My first appointment was at 10, then xray at 12pm, but somehow i walked to the trainstation at 12pm. Hmm.. Very flexible. The dr was nice and asked me all about my new home and husband.

So now; no news is good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment