Thursday, November 29, 2007

APPROVED!!!


After 7 months and 2 days or 216 days we finally got approved for the K1 visa! It feels so good!
I arrived at the embassy early and waited in line with some other people. At 1.30pm we wend inside and had to go through 2 metal detecters. Once inside we were told to wait in line at desk 5. There my papers were checked and he took my birth certificate, police records etc.. Then sat down and waited until i heard my name. Then i had the interview. I got 3 questions: How did you meet, How do you keep in touch and what is his job? Other than that, nothing! I was approved. When i got home at night i saw i had 3 missed calls from the embassy! I got scared. I emailed her to call me in the morning and so she did. They forgot to have me sign a form, so im going back on monday to do that. Plus i immediately get my visa! So i will post a pic of that tomorrow! We are finally done... for now! Wooooooo Woooooooo!

1 comment:

  1. Lieve Miekie en Thomas

    Gefeliciteerd, weer een grote stap vooruit naar jullie leven samen.
    Nog even en je begint aan een nieuw bestaan kilometers bij mij
    vandaan.
    De afgelopen maanden heb ik genoten van ons samen zijn en zal deze periode koesteren als een warme herinnering.
    We gaan nog even door met genieten en Amerika wordt voor mij een jaarlijkse vakantie bestemming, liefs mama

    ReplyDelete